Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Christ be within me as I learn, grow and shine.
St Patrick’s Catholic Primary & Nursery School is a community of love and hope. We welcome, nurture and educate our children as children of God, inspired and guided by the love of Christ and the teaching of the Catholic faith. We share with families and the community a commitment to provide the very best education and learning opportunities to enable our children to be all they can be.
St Patrick’s is committed to the development of the whole child meeting their physical, intellectual, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development needs. The school views the community as a valuable learning source and we aim to promote a life-long love of learning. To achieve our aims, St Patrick’s school will:
1. Establish a happy, secure and stimulating environment, which encourages personal growth and the love of learning, acknowledging and helping those with special needs.
2. Provide an RE programme in line with the Diocesan guidelines, that will develop the children’s understanding of the Catholic faith, their moral attitudes and learning.
3. Provide and maintain a disciplined environment in which teachers can teach and children can learn.
4. Provide a broad and balanced relevant curriculum which fulfills all the requirements of the National Curriculum and ensures that children are literate and numerate.
5. Provide opportunities for prayer and worship as a school community within key stages, a class, and as individuals, so that we can grow in our relationship with God.
6. Ensure that the celebration of the Liturgy of the Mass is an important and regular feature of school life.
7. Prepare children for the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Communion and Confirmation alongside parents and the parish.
8. Develop links with the parish, school and community, raising awareness of local and world needs.
9. Develop an awareness of the life and cultures of others in the world, recognizing and embracing our intercultural community showing respect for the beliefs and cultures of others.
10.Communicate regularly with parents regarding their children’s progress and matters relating to the curriculum and life of the school and parish. Parents are invited to share liturgies, assemblies, celebrations and learning events within the school.
At the heart of our teaching are three golden rules that are rooted in Gospel values providing a clear guide for Christian living and positive citizenship:
Be Kind, Be Safe, Be Fair.
We acknowledge your role as parent and primary educator of your child, in fostering good behaviour and we warmly encourage a strong home-school partnership.
Click here for more information.